08 April 2010

I will dream of you and see your precious shadow in my mind



TWO YEARS AGO WE LOST YOU DUE TO NEGLIGENCE




It has been a reflective day. A day that was filled with sadness for a loss, happiness for our newest little Sphynx boy, pride for our sweet and weird Bilbo, and with the honour to raise Gimmies nieces - Rose & Lily.

Today I reconnected with a human that I love and care for. I was productive at work and had a great dinner made by my husband that we shared with my father, BG. For this sad anniversary it was a day of thanks.

Photo of shadows casts against a wall, of
Bilbo and Gimli only a week prior to his death.



But I've been thinking of you, little buddy.

You would've been proud of your niece, Lily, who made the incredible jump last night from the kitchen counter (a no-no, still) to the top edge of the kitchen door. Amazing! She also is now the keeper of your fish - who is now four years old and just as wiley as ever. She watches out for him just as you did, sweet boy. I think you would have been proud of her.



Tonight I was sat upon by both our boys -- Bilbo and Sigmund -- for an unusually extended period.... All night.
Do they sense something that I'm not displaying openly but feeling deep inside? Can they smell the lingering sadness? Who knows... but still... of all nights I, for the first time in two years, had two loving boys in my lap, purring to me and wanting to be held. It reminded me of you and I was grateful for the feeling, and for the love you so freely gave and that was given equally to me this evening.


I will not cry tonight, but I will dream of you and still see your precious shadow in my mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I am sorry for your Sphynx loss. Its a terrible loss. If you would not mind i wish you would share your thoughts and information with the members on my site. It is a site dedicated to the Sphynx cat with over 700 Sphynx owners and i think this is great knowledge for them. Please come visit us at http://www.sphynxlair.com/