09 June 2008

Hitting the two month mark...

A hard day yesterday in thoughts and memories. Two months since our Gimmie was ripped from our lives. We still receive sweet notes and remembrances from people who knew him, or have just heard about his fate. Earlier this week a Sphynx breeder / friend of mine from Georgia wrote and told me that she'd been thinking of Gimli just a day or two ago and that he touched a great many people. I guess my boys do have a lot of online, and real-life, friends. I've certainly shared them with many people through Flickr, Myspace, and list-mail groups.

One such instance happened this evening on myspace. A new "friend" added me to their friends list and I added her to mine. She's a Sphynx owner and she commented on Gimli and Bilbo's photographs. I told her Gimli's story and she wrote that she was grateful to learn about Ketamine as she was considering a dental cleaning for one of her Sphynx outcrosses.

That is exactly why I'm working on this project, thinking about the research, and trying to confirm and solidify all information. If Gimli's death can save someone else the sorrow we've gone through it helps. I'll never be able to say that it makes his death OK.. nothing will; but it may save another Sphynx and their parents the devastation of a needless death.

My new friend on myspace left a beautiful personally created "card", I'd like to share it here tonight.


Gimli Sympathy

Thank you, Karrie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing great things in Gimli's memory, and saving lives. I know how devastated you must be (I lost my Maine Coon 12 years ago this month, and it still hurts), and I wish it were not necessary for you to fight against the mistake that took Gimli's life. But thank you for putting some of the energy of your hurt into positive action. Thank you.

Sphynx Minx said...

Oh, Margie... thank you so much for your comment and encouragement.