20 May 2008

Another milestone

Thanks again to Britt Swartz for coming through with an address and telephone for Dr. Houard.

Like most treasure hunts - finding and communicating with Dr. Houard being the prize in this instance - the hunt is fraught with excitement and frustration.

I need to find the following:

--- an email address for Dr. Houard
--- the name of his business or practice (hopefully he's still working with animals)
--- someone willing to speak to him on my behalf that is fluent in French

My next step will be in recontacting some of the people I've relied on recently. The problem with asking for favors of busy people is that one runs the risk of losing a connection. I'm hoping that won't be the case. I have been slightly pushy in regards to getting and gathering up information. It's a compulsion for me and my rush to find information often doesn't play into other people's time schedules.
So far, though, everyone has been very kind and patient with me. (thank you patient people)

It's early yet this morning and too soon to try to call my contacts who might help with this *new* request.

I located an association on the Internet that I have contacted for help; the
Association of American Wives of Europeans. This organization is located in Paris and, as the name implies, is American women married to Europeans and living long-term there. I've asked if someone at this association would be willing to track down the address and telephone number and send me back a business name, website address, or hopefully be willing to call the number and give my information to this office (or whatever type of facility it is).


It's a great start to the day. At least the good doctor is still living in France.

No comments: