15 May 2008

Silver Ferns and Golden Friends

I've had so much support over the past month. Gimli's death was a crushing blow to me, inparticularly, and for my husband as well. It's been just like a person's death... to US... and I realize that some people may not understand that emotion.
Last evening... perhaps because I'm so wound up with this Ketamine quest... I had another emotional moment where tears wouldn't stop flowing. I miss that little boy so much. Channeling my feelings into trying to make his death meaningful has helped, but it doesn't stop the missing or doesn't fill the spot in our home.

Today, still feeling alittle blue, I had a set-back on my attempts to find an attorney to represent us with the vet. He wanted $800 to write a letter on our behalf - so back to the drawing board there.


But friends... what would we do without them?
Today an artist friend of mine, who knows how we feel about New Zealand (avidly wish to live there) and understands how it makes me feel (uplifted / hopeful) to *think* about someday making it to that Land of the Long White Cloud, gifted me with a sculptural piece she created of the silver fern - a symbol of Zed.

She told me that the piece started out as the base of a memorial Fine Art gourd I commissioned her to do of Bilbo and Gimli together. Then, it morphed into the Silver Fern. We talked alittle yesterday about Bilbo and Gimli's names. Why I named them after Lord of the Rings characters, and I talked about the Maori tribes, the Haka, and other NZ related chatter.
Her gift is not only timely as an uplifting gift of loving friendship, but it gives me a tangible symbol of a place I long to visit, or immigrate to... something for Hope, something for Dreams. Something positive on a blue day.
Her name is Missy Miles, and her art can be seen online at Organic Vessels.

No comments: