14 May 2008

Mentality & Attitude - Status Upgrade

Late in the day yesterday I received a call-back from a vet at All Animal Vet Clinic, in Tupelo, MS. She called about 6:15 pm, after I'd given up my hunt for the day, and told me she wanted to be sure she had ample time for our introduction call.

I'm so happy to say that she met - over the phone - the criteria I was hoping for, which is:

-- an interest in learning about the Sphynx breed
-- an ability to allow me to participate and learn along with her
-- a willingness to allow me to make suggestions which she will follow-up on
-- an affable personality that reflects a joy in their profession
-- a high-tech facility with equipment for testing
-- knowledge of cardiac symptoms and processes (they're affiliated with a vet heart clinic in FL)
-- 24/7 emergency services with a multiple staff of vets
-- close enough for us to drive to w/in an hour

The vet I spoke with asked that we come by next week for a tour of the facility and a meet-n-greet with our cats. The response I liked the most during our conversation was when I lightheartedly, but seriously, told her that I would be "all in her business" with our cats. That I would not allow blind trust to cost this dear a price again. Her reply was that she wished more pet parents cared enough to be involved in the health maintenance of their animals, and that she welcomed it. Kudo's to her!

Mentality & Attitude Status: 7

No comments: